Spread the word! The Michigan Committee for Severe Weather Awareness is holding another art contest this year for fourth and fifth graders who live in Michigan! 🙂 ! This contest ends 2/15/16.
Let your fourth or fifth grader make an approximately 15″ x 20″ poster illustrating what to do in an emergency for their chance to win up to a first prize of $200! Check out last year’s winners here.
**Make sure to read the official rules for the 2016 contest here**
- Eligibility – The contest is open to any Michigan student in fourth or fifth grade.
- Deadline: Must be at the National Weather Service Office no later than February 15, 2016
- Topic – Artwork must illustrate what individuals and families should do to prepare for Michigan severe weather, such as snowstorms, severe cold, tornadoes, thunderstorms, lightning or floods.
- The Committee is looking for posters with a simple, clear message . Lettering should be easy to read, and artwork should be bright and visible and complement the message.
- Winning posters from previous years can be viewed at: www.mcswa.com